Monday, August 26, 2013

Experimenting with Patty Pan Squash

Hen House CSA Week #11
Until I received my CSA Week #11 I had no idea what a Patty Pan squash was.  It is possible that I have eaten one before, but I don't recall the particular shape so chances are that I haven't. 

This yellow Patty Pan squash is vibrant in color

How do you cook Patty Pan's? I had experimented with Acorn squash a few weeks back and decided it can't be that much different, and it wasn't.  Dave found the Overstuffed Pattypan Squash recipe on Food Network's website but decided to nix the lima beans.  I used fresh thyme from Dave's herb garden.  Word to the wise, fresh herbs are more potent than dried...so use less!  I would definitely make these again with, of course, less thyme.
 
Prepping the Patty Pan squash by gutting the innards
Finished Product
Along with our Patty Pan squash we grilled a sirloin steak and Andy's candy corn (not pictures) from CSA.  I still had potatoes from a few weeks back and decided we should finish those off too.  I chopped them up and cooked them in a skillet with olive oil. onions, fresh garlic, and 3 Hatch green chilies. Magnifico!

 
Cheers!
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment